Upcoming Live Tournaments
NetWars Tournament runs over an intense two- to three-day period, at a conference or hosted onsite. Many enterprises, government agencies, and military bases are using NetWars OnSites to help identify skilled personnel and as part of extensive hands-on training.
- Consists of an interactive, Internet-based environment for computer attacks and analyzing defenses
- Is designed to be accessible to a broad level of participant skill ranges
- Is split into separate levels so participants may quickly advance through earlier levels to the level of their expertise. The entire challenge involves five levels:
- Level 1 - Played on local Linux image without root
- Level 2 - Played on local Linux image with root
- Level 3 - Attack a DMZ
- Level 4 - Pivot to intranet
- Level 5 - Master of your domain... castle versus castle
Find out more about NetWars here.
What is NetWars?
SANS NetWars is a hands-on, interactive learning environment that enables information security professionals to develop and master the skills they need to excel in their field. In SANS award-winning courses, attendees consistently rate our hands-on exercises as the most valuable part of the course. With NetWars, we have really raised the ante, as participants learn while working through various challenge levels, all hands-on, with a focus on skills information security professionals can use in their jobs every day. NetWars helps participants build their hands-on skills in system hardening, packet analysis, digital forensics, malware analysis, vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing, really ramping up their skills to the next level.
NetWars comes in two forms:
- NetWars Tournament runs over an intense two-to-three day period, at a conference or hosted onsite. Many enterprises, government agencies, and military bases are using NetWars onsites to help identify skilled personnel and as part of extensive hands-on training.
- NetWars Continuous allows participants to build their skills on their own time over a four-month period working from their office or home across the Internet. Also, NetWars Continuous supports a unique Automated Hint System that turns dead ends into learning opportunities.Participants who complete Level 3 are eligible for 12 CMU credits.
NetWars Continuous Always Available
NetWars Continuous is available to NetWars Tournament participants for $999 and to non-participants for $1999.
Allows participants an opportunity to advance their hands-on technical skills. Players learn the areas where they need to increase their proficiency so they may improve, come back, and continue the challenge.
Gives participants four months of access to NetWars Continuous. At the end of the four months, participants will receive a written assessment of the skills which they demonstrated during NetWars.